July 11-14 was prep for vacation and our trip to Sun Valley.
July 14 was also prep for the Youth Summit games that I would be running and packing for California.
July 15-17 was a business trip to California.
July 18 was more prep for the Youth Summit games.
July 18-20 was running Youth Summit games and participating in the Youth Summit activities.
The storm has passed and here are the results:
- I didn't want to keep track of exercise/water on the vacation/business trip/youth summit. I focused on sticking to my vegan rules and focusing on not over-eating, not being slothful, and trying to drink water when possible.
- I got plenty of exercise from activities in Sun Valley, walking around airports, and running the Youth Summit games. I may or may not have averaged an hour a day, but I know I got a lot in during this period of time.
- I only accidentally had a little cheese on a dish the first day in Sun Valley. All other meals, to the best of my knowledge, followed the vegan rules. I also tried very hard to make good choices regarding sugar, chemicals, GMO, etc when possible.
- I lost 2 pounds in that period of time and I am very proud of that. I constantly battled my urge to eat extra food and unhealthy food while on "vacation." It helped that everyone around me was supporting my efforts. I didn't hear anyone complain about my eating choices being a burden on them which is something I generally fear.
- I am beginning work again today and I will be recording my water, food, and activities on a daily basis. Thanks for your support!
I can't stand this quote, probably because while I was gaining weight and not focusing on giving it my all to stop it, I knew I was finding excuses. This quote challenges me, especially when I don't like it, so I am including it because it inspires me despite its annoyance.